Thank you for your interest in using the MACS/WIHS Combined Cohort Study (MWCCS) Public Use Data Sets (PDS). The Data Analysis & Coordination Center (DACC) offers two methods for receiving MWCCS:
- Public Use Data Set (PDS)
- Concept Sheet (CS) submission & review
There are many advantages in choosing to submit a CS over the using the PDS. They include:
- Access to the full MWCCS data set (includes data not available in the PDS, such as neurocognitive data, abuse data, healthy aging, etc.).
- Assistance in understanding the MWCCS study and the complexity of the MWCCS data.
- Linkage to a MWCCS liaison who can offer expertise in your area of study.
- Support regarding study design, methodology, and statistical analysis.
- Access to all summary files, such as AIDSDRUG (which has a summary of therapy use), SOCDEM (which has QOL and CES-D calculations), and HEPSUM (which has hepatitis testing results).
If you are interested in submitting a CS, we can connect you with a liaison in your area of study. This person will help you to develop your concept sheet and can offer assistance throughout the review and approval process. Once your concept sheet has been submitted, it will be reviewed in approximately 14 days. Once approved, you can request analytic data sets based on your specific inclusion and exclusion criteria. Depending on the complexity of your study, this process can take up to 2 months.
For the PDS, requests for access to the data sets can be submitted by clicking here.